Cody and I kept thinking we would go on a babymoon before the baby arrived, but time slipped away from us and all of a sudden I was past the point that I could fly anymore! With all the chaos going on at home with them ripping out and reinstalling the floors, we thought it would be nice to get away for the weekend so we stayed at the Grand America for a little babymoon staycation. Here were some of the highlights and a few reasons to visit the grand America next time you are in Salt Lake!
1. The Room Service! First and foremost, the Grand America had the best room service I’ve ever had! You know how honestly a lot of times the room service food isn’t as good by the time it gets to your room. I always order room service since the convenience usually outweighs the fact that the food is usually just average, but the Grand America was the first hotel where the room service was actually just as good as eating in the restaurant! We had both breakfast and dinner and it was so yummy! (Side note: Also make sure to try their chicken noodle soup with their rolls at the cafe on Sunday – so good!)
2. The Grand Spa. Cody and I broke away for a trip to the spa and it was the perfect touch for our babymoon staycation. They have tons of facial and beauty services, but one of my favorite parts was the 17-head shower before the couple massage, So relaxing! If you do it turn the side sprayers on cold and the overhead ones on hot, it feels so good! They also had the yummiest creme brûlée when you come into the couple massage – I’m not sure if its the pregnancy in me, but I’m realizing all my highlights are revolving around food haha.
3. Location. Whatever brings you to SLC, downtown is definitely the place to be. The Grand America has super easy access to downtown so it’s really convenient. We used to live downtown, so it was nostalgic to be back! We walked to dinner, rented city scooters to get around, and loved soaking up more time downtown.
4. Tea Time! One of my favorite parts of the Grand America is their Afternoon Tea! It’s the perfect excuse to get dressed up with friends for a really unique event. It’s available almost every day (excluding holidays) and the finger sandwiches and tea pastries are all amazing. I also found out they can host private tea times for larger events – it would be so cute for a bridal shower/birthday party/etc.!
5. Something for the kids. They have a big candy shop and toy store inside the hotel and it’s the perfect attraction for kids! They gave Beckam a cute wood token when we checked in for a stuffed animal.
DETAILS: MATERNITY SWIM (I JUST PULLED DOWN BOTTOMS FROM OVER MY BELLY TO GET MY TAN ON 😉
6. The Grounds: The pool was a highlight 100%. We’ve actually stayed at the Grand America a couple times but I have only been to the indoor pool. This was my first time at the outdoor pool and it was so nice! It has a pretty view of the hotel from the pool, and they have a kiddy area, regular pool, and jacuzzi, so its the best of everything. Also have to mention how beautiful all their gardens are grounds are in general, major inspo! All of the grounds are just so beautiful!
I love all the marble in the interior – so pretty, feels like an escape to Paris 🙂
7. The Staff: Last but not least, everyone on the staff was soooo nice and accommodating! It’s one of the biggest factors that make and break whether I will be back to a hotel or property, and the staff was definitely one that made me excited to come back. Also don’t forget to get the free yummy chocolate chip cookies when you check in!!
Have you guys been to the Grand America? What are some of your favorite parts?
* Special thanks to the Grand America for hosting our family! We can’t wait to go back!
Source Link – https://www.hellofashionblog.com/2019/09/babymoon-at-the-grand-america.html