Love the consistency – so soft!
A year or so ago I was on the verge of partnering to develop and launch a skincare line. We were developing and testing various products to see what was working and what wasn’t – the whole nine yards. The timing was off with some other things we had going on, so I didn’t end up pursuing it further but it taught be so much about skincare. The loss of collagen is one of the quickest things we notice as we age. Peptides are a new and trending dermatologist recommended ingredient that help with collagen loss. Yes I am a skincare nut and am religious with my multi-step skincare routine, so I know peptides can’t take the place of so many of the other holy grail products like vitamin C, retinol, etc., but it’s hard not to play favorites! Here’s why:
- Collagen accounts for 70-80% of the dry weight of skin. That means beyond moisture, collagen plays a huge role in firm, smooth, and looking healthy.
- Your collagen is constantly decreasing from pollution, UV damage, and just aging in general, so your skin is basically losing the elasticity that keeps it firm and youthful, unless you have a product to counter act that.
- Peptides are a new and trending dermatologist recommended ingredient that help with collagen loss. This anti aging moisturizer helps correct and prevent against collagen loss so it helps you keep that youthful and wrinkle-free appearance.
- The effects of a collagen peptides skincare product are instantly gratifying! You really can’t say that about many products. I know there’s a lot of hype on a collagen peptide diet or supplements, but I’m such a visual person that I love being able to apply a good collagen stimulating peptide cream.
Right now I’m using Vichy’s new LiftActiv Peptide-C anti aging moisturizer, to help prevent collagen loss and help keep my skin youthful. I’ll always have my smile lines, and I think a couple wrinkles are part of your beautiful journey but I want to maintain and keep my skin healthy, youthful, and glowing! LiftActiv Peptide-C has phyto peptides, one of the first of pure plant origin, Vitamin C, and Vichy’s Mineralizing Water which is clinically proven to protect the skin against daily eposome aggressors, like stress, fatigue, etc. Besides all the skincare benefits I listed above, the consistency of the moisturizer is so good, it instantly makes your skin feel so soft (and smells good!). I know the wrinkle and collagen results are never instant but your skin feels baby soft when you apply (double bonus it’s paraben-free). I apply it after my toner and serums. You don’t need much – a little does a long way and don’t forget your décolleté.
You guys know how much I love Vichy – I’ve been partnering with them for over the last 4 years!! They have so many amazing products I use religiously, and this is one of their new holy grails. Right now they are offering my readers a chance to save 20% off so you can try their new Liftactiv Peptide-C moisturizer – just use code Christine19 on any order on VichyUSA.com. Let me know what you guys think!
* In collaboration with Vichy.
Source Link – https://www.hellofashionblog.com/2019/08/the-skincare-ingredient-you-need-in-your-routine-asap.html