Ever since I moved to Cape Town, I get messages from girls all over the world asking for my recommendations for the city. Whether it’s where I get my hair done, my nails or the best coffee shops, I thought I’d put all my favorites into one blog post to help you plan an amazing girls day out in the city!
Here’s my ultimate guide to the perfect girl’s day out in Cape Town!
Visit a Local Market
Organjezicht is where you’ll catch me hanging out on most Sunday mornings in the city. There are plenty of stalls selling delicious artisan foods as well as fresh fruits and vegetables from neighboring farms.
Read More: Where to Find the Best Food in Cape Town
The SKIN Clinic
Book a Spa Treatment
If you’re searching for a luxurious spa day in Cape Town for you and your bestie, you can’t go wrong with the 12 Apostles Spa. Situated along the gorgeous Atlantic Seaboard, you can spend a few hours unwinding with their signature experiences and packages.
Babylonstoren Spa is also an excellent option if you’re spending time in the Winelands. They offer everything from a Turkish Hamman treatment to deep tissue massages, facials, and wraps!
Go on a Hike
Cape Town is blessed with beautiful hiking trails that are only minutes away from the bustling city center. If you and your girlfriend aren’t that into hiking, I’d recommend Kloof Corner for sunset!
It’s a 20-minute uphill walk and boasts beautiful views over the City Bowl and Camps Bay. Other easy day hikes include Lion’s Head and you can take the cable car up to the top of Table Mountain and wander around the trails that zig-zag along the plateau.
Read More: Top Things to Do in Cape Town in the Summer
Have Lunch on the Beach
Head to Camps Bay beach with your closest girlfriends and get pizza delivered to you while you work on your tan.
Col’Cacchio (one of the best gourmet pizza restaurants in town) lets you place your order will bring it to you on the beach with the bill! All you need to do is give their Camps Bay branch a call to let them know where you are sitting.
Enjoy a High Tea Experience
Belmont Nelson Hotel serves up one of Cape Town‘s best high teas. You can choose between three different times (morning, afternoon, or evening) and it includes nibbles from some of South Africa’s most loved dishes.
The hotel’s pink walls are the perfect photo op, and the high tea is opulence at its finest!
Another one of my favorite places to go for high tea is at La Residence in Franschhoek. It’s only a short drive from the city, and you can spend the day wine tasting while you’re in the area.
Cape Town is home to massive shopping malls and one-of-a-kind designer boutiques. Leave some room in your luggage for a new outfit or two as well as some souvenirs.
Here are some of my favorite places to shop with my friends when I’m in the city:
- Aaliyah Makoni: Aaliyah Makoni is a local South African fashion designer. She creates beautiful bags that pop with color and use traditional African print designs.
- Art Club and Friends: I love the Art Club and Friends dungarees! It’s also a sustainable fashion shop that focuses on uplifting the local community and the environment before profit.
- Matter of Fakt: Matter of Fakt is another one of my favorite local designers. It’s where I bought my beautiful gold lion pendant from!
- Poetry: Poetry is one of my favorite stores in Cape Town to shop for dresses, shirts, and jackets. They have a few stories around the city including the V&A and Canal Walk.
- S E L F I: One of my favorite designers from Cape Town! I love their minimalist designs and flattering fits. Their Dungaree Jumpsuit is one of my favorite outfits!
- The Lot: The Lot is a trendy boutique store with a few stores around Cape Town. It’s a great place to shop if you’re looking for some alternative / Coachella style clothes.
- The Watershed at V&A Waterfront: If you’re looking for some African souvenirs to remind you of your trip to Cape Town, pop by Watershed at V&A Waterfront. It’s a massive market with over 150 shops that sell beautiful African handicrafts, furniture, and clothes.
Read More: The Ultimate Cape Town Travel Guide
Treat Yo’ Self
I have so many girls ask me what my favorite beauty services are in Cape Town. Here are my go-to places that I always visit in between my trips:
- Cosmetic Skincare: When I first moved to the area, I spent some time searching for the right skincare clinic in the city. The SKIN Clinic and The Institute of Healthy Aging are where I go for my Dermepen micro-needling and any other skin treatments.
- Eyelashes: My go-to eyelash extension girl is Amanda. She works out of her home in Mouille Point, and you can send her a WhatsApp message on +27 82 711 6524 to book an appointment.
- Hair: The best blonde colorist in Cape Town is Bianca Moore. I’ve been going to her for years, and you can check here availability here.
- Nails: I get my nails done by Claudia’s in Sea Point. It’s next to Crumbs and Creams.
Cape Town is an excellent destination for a girls day out! Whether you’re looking to spoil yourselves at the top luxury spas or you want to indulge your taste buds and hike some mountains – there are options for everyone!
What does your ideal girls day out in Cape Town look like? Let me know in the comments!
Source Link – https://theblondeabroad.com/the-ultimate-girlfriend-getaway-guide-to-cape-town/